Sat, Sep 09|
Calm Clarity Leadership Workshop - Sept 2023
Start your transformation by experiencing our neuroscience-based leadership and life skills program: Lead in Alignment & Wholeness Using Neuroscience and Mindfulness
Time & Location
Sep 09, 2023, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT
About the event
The mission of Calm Clarity is to improve collective well-being, develop inclusive leaders, and co-create a world where all human beings and communities thrive together. Our practical and accessible approach to rewiring the brain has supported thousands of people from diverse ages and backgrounds to experience greater wisdom, fulfillment, and joy since our first programs in 2013. Learn more about us and our non-profit work here.
This virtual Calm Clarity Leadership Workshop gives you the opportunity to experience our core leadership and life skills program: "Lead in Alignment and Wholeness."
Alignment and wholeness means living in a state in which you feel centered and grounded, embody your values, access your inner wisdom and compassion, and harness your talents, skills, and energies to become the fullest expression of yourself. Being aligned and whole is a superpower that enhances your capacity to rise to challenges, nurture meaningful relationships, and enrich your communities.
In contrast, people who don't experience alignment and wholeness can feel stuck—they might struggle to build healthy relationships and create positive changes. In many cases, they may have internalized self-limiting beliefs and become reliant on maladaptive coping mechanisms to suppress, escape, or overcompensate for negative emotions, sensations, and thoughts, and can inadvertently transmit these patterns to their loved ones and colleagues.
This interactive, experiential workshop combines neuroscience and mindfulness to strengthen the neural networks that integrate the brain so that you can experience more and more alignment and wholeness, and increase your capacity to be open, attuned, responsive, resourceful, resilient, curious, insightful, creative, innovative, collaborative, inclusive, and inspiring.
Part I: Know Your Brain Patterns and Triggers
In the first part of this workshop, you will do a series of exercises to understand how you move between three patterns of brain activation:
- Brain 1.0: Your threat system is on high-alert. You feel fearful, unsafe, powerless, and isolated. Over time, you lose hope and fall into despair.
- Brain 2.0: Your dopamine system suppresses Brain 1.0 by chasing immediate gratification, money, status, or a false sense of comfort and control.
- Brain 3.0: Your prefrontal cortex is able to calm Brain 1.0 and Brain 2.0 so you can bring the best version of you to the world, act in alignment with your core values and aspirations, and create positive impact.
These exercises enable you to recognize the triggers that activate these patterns in your everyday life and discern how you show up and interact differently when you are in Brain 1.0, Brain 2.0, and Brain 3.0.
Part II: Boost Brain 3.0
In the second part of the workshop, you will be guided through techniques to build up Brain 3.0 by activating and strengthening 4 key neural systems:
- The Resilience System: the networks for stress regulation and recovery
- The Attention System: the networks for attention, focus, and concentration
- The Meta-Awareness System: the networks for being aware of one’s stories, patterns, feelings, thoughts, and behaviors
- The Connection System: the networks for compassion and empathy
Recording and Hand-outs
This workshop will be recorded so participants can review the video. All participants will receive a PDF of the slide deck and be invited to a private space in the Calm Clarity Mighty Networks Platform where they can access the video.
By joining this workshop, you help us make a difference
Your ticket to this workshop supports Calm Clarity's non-profit programs to serve low-income communities impacted by trauma and violence, such as our Community Healing and Peace Project. This includes scholarship programs for people living in or working to make a difference in these communities or people experiencing financial hardship to join the workshop alongside you.
You can also support our non-profit programs, including our scholarship programs, by making a donation through our online portal here.
1. Our Sliding-Scale Partial Scholarship Program covers up to 70% of the cost of a standard admission ticket for anyone experiencing financial hardship and for anyone who works in the public sector or in a non-profit organization. Anyone who matches these criteria can select this ticket option when you register and choose a price as low as 30% of the standard admission price. Please only register for 1 ticket for yourself.
2. Our Educator Scholarship Program is for professionals such as educators, school resource officers, social workers, counselors, therapists, and mental health advocates, who work for schools, non-profit programs, and behavioral health programs that serve people from disadvantaged, underserved communities impacted by gun violence. Anyone who matches these criteria can select this ticket option when you register and choose a price as low as $20. On the registration form, there is a space to briefly share about yourself and your school/organization, the work you do, and a link to a webpage (such as your LinkedIn profile, a bio, a staff directory) to confirm your eligibility for the scholarship. Please only register for 1 ticket for yourself.
3. Our Equity Scholarship Program is for people from economically marginalized Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) communities who are healing the impact of disparities in wealth, health, and well-being on their families and their communities. Anyone who matches this criteria can select this ticket option when you register and choose a price as low as $10. On the registration form, there is a space to share briefly about your background to confirm your eligibility for the scholarship. Please only register for 1 ticket for yourself.
If you need additional financial assistance to attend this workshop, you can send a request to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email questions and comments to email@example.com
Your Supporter Ticket supports our non-profit programs and sponsors scholarship tickets to people in need of financial assistance to attend this workshop. Thank you!$400.00
Your ticket purchase supports our non-profit programs. Thank you.$200.00
These sliding-scale scholarships are intended to make this event accessible to anyone experiencing financial challenges and to anyone working in a public sector or non-profit setting. Please only register for 1 ticket for yourself.Pay what you want
These scholarships are for professionals who work for public schools, non-profit programs, and behavioral health programs that serve people from disadvantaged, underserved communities impacted by gun violence. On the registration form, please briefly share about yourself and how you meet the eligibility criteria. Please only register for 1 ticket for yourself.Pay what you want
These Scholarships are for people from economically marginalized Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) communities who are healing the impact of disparities in wealth, health, and well-being on their families and their communities. On the registration form, please briefly share about your background to confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria. Please only register for 1 ticket for yourself.Pay what you want