Thu, Mar 14|
Calm Clarity Foundation Workshop - Spring 2024
Start your transformation by experiencing our neuroscience-based leadership and life skills program: Lead in Alignment & Wholeness Using Neuroscience and Mindfulness as a 2-part workshop. Session 1 will be on Thursday March 14 and Session 2 on Thursday March 21, both from 7pm to 9pm ET.
Time & Location
Mar 14, 2024, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
About the event
The mission of Calm Clarity is to improve collective well-being, develop inclusive leaders, and co-create a world where all human beings and communities thrive together. Our practical and accessible approach to rewiring the brain has supported thousands of people from diverse ages and backgrounds to experience greater wisdom, fulfillment, and joy since our first programs in 2013. Learn more about us and our non-profit work here.
This virtual Calm Clarity Leadership Workshop gives you the opportunity to experience our core leadership and life skills program: "Lead in Alignment and Wholeness" as a two-part workshop:
- Session 1: Thursday March 14 from 7pm to 9pm ET
- Session 2: Thursday March 21 from 7pm to 9pm ET
Alignment and wholeness means living in a state in which you feel centered and grounded, embody your values, access your inner wisdom and compassion, and harness your talents, skills, and energies to become the fullest expression of yourself. Being aligned and whole is a superpower that enhances your capacity to rise to challenges, nurture meaningful relationships, and enrich your communities.
In contrast, people who don't experience alignment and wholeness can feel stuck—they might struggle to build healthy relationships and create positive changes. In many cases, they may have internalized self-limiting beliefs and become reliant on maladaptive coping mechanisms to suppress, escape, or overcompensate for negative emotions, sensations, and thoughts, and can inadvertently transmit these patterns to their loved ones and colleagues.
This interactive, experiential workshop combines neuroscience and mindfulness to strengthen the neural networks that integrate the brain so that you can experience more and more alignment and wholeness, and increase your capacity to be open, attuned, responsive, resourceful, resilient, curious, insightful, creative, innovative, collaborative, inclusive, and inspiring.
DETAILED PROGRAM OVERVIEW
--SESSION 1: March 14--
Part I: Your Brain Patterns
We begin with a series of exercises to build your awareness of how you move between three patterns of brain activation:
- Brain 1.0: Your threat system is on high-alert. You feel fearful, unsafe, powerless, and isolated. Over time, you lose hope and fall into despair.
- Brain 2.0: Your dopamine system suppresses Brain 1.0 by chasing immediate gratification, money, status, or a false sense of comfort and control.
- Brain 3.0: Your prefrontal cortex is able to calm and integrate Brain 1.0 and Brain 2.0 so you can experience alignment and wholeness, bring the best version of you to the world, embody your core values and aspirations, and create positive impact. The stronger your Brain 3.0, the more you experience and share wisdom, fulfillment, and joy.
These exercises enable you to recognize the situations that activate these patterns in your everyday life and discern how you show up and interact differently when you are in Brain 1.0, Brain 2.0, and Brain 3.0.
Part II: Boost Brain 3.0
You will be guided through techniques to build up Brain 3.0 by activating and strengthening four key neural systems that enable you to live and lead in alignment and wholeness.
1. Your Resilience System and Your Triggers
- You will become acquainted with your Resilience System, which contains the networks for stress regulation and recovery. Resilience is tied to having the interoceptive awareness to notice when you are outside your "Brain 3.0 window," and taking steps to restore your capacity for Brain 3.0.
- You will develop interoceptive awareness by learning the signals from your body that let you know when Brain 1.0. Brain 2.0 and Brain 3.0 are activated and practice an exercise to enhance your ability to notice these signals.
- You will complete a worksheet exercise to become aware of triggers in your everyday life that bring you into Brain 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0.
--SESSION II: March 21--
2. Your Connection System
- You will become acquainted with your Connection System, which contains the networks for compassion and empathy, and is intertwined with the networks for joy, meaning, and inspiration.
- You will be guided to activate your Connection System using a compassion meditation practice and experience the effects of turning on your "tend-and-befriend" system, which boosts your body's capacity to buffer stress and rise to challenges.
3. Your Attention System
- You will become acquainted with your Attention System, which contains the networks for attention, focus, and concentration.
- You will experience how your Attention System is tied to your ability to notice when your default mode network (DMN, also known as your internal narrator) diverts your attention, and to redirect your attention to the task you intended to focus on.
- You will be guided to strengthen your Attention System using a focused attention meditation practice.
4. Your Meta-Awareness System
- You will become acquainted with your Meta-Awareness System, which contains the networks for being aware of your "sense of self," and your stories, patterns, feelings, thoughts, and behaviors.
- You will become aware of how your brain creates associations when neurons fire and wire together, and how your thoughts represent neural pathways being triggered through associative activation cascades.
- You will be guided to strengthen your Meta-Awareness system using a meta-awareness meditation practice and a worksheet exercise to discern patterns for what your Brain 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 say in various situations.
Part III. Application and Integration
In this final section of the program, you will be guided to apply and integrate what you learned into your everyday life.
- You will create a pie chart for how much energy you are generating and transmitting in Brain 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0. Then you will draw your ideal pie chart for optimizing your effectiveness and sustainability, and reflect on what will help you move towards your ideal pie chart.
- You will create a daily routine to activate and strengthen Brain 3.0.
- You will also be introduced to using a self-assessment tool that enables you to monitor how activated Brain 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 are in your everyday life over a 6-month period of time.
Bonus: Membership in the Calm Clarity Alumni Community
Upon completion of this program, you will be welcomed into the Calm Clarity Alumni Community via Mighty Networks. This will give you exclusive access to an Alumni Toolkit and Virtual Alumni Gatherings to deepen your ability to integrate Brain 3.0 into your life. You can also take advantage of the Alumni Refresher Program to re-take future Foundation Workshops at a 75% discount to the standard price.
Recording and Hand-outs
This workshop will be recorded so participants can review the video. All participants will receive a PDF of the slide deck and be invited to a private space in the Calm Clarity Mighty Networks Platform where you can access the video.
By joining this workshop, you help us make a difference
Your ticket to this workshop supports Calm Clarity's non-profit programs to serve low-income communities impacted by trauma and violence, such as our Community Healing and Peace Project. This includes scholarship programs for people living in or working to make a difference in these communities or people experiencing financial hardship to join the workshop alongside you.
You can also support our non-profit programs, including our scholarship programs, by making a donation through our online portal here.
1. Our Sliding-Scale Partial Scholarship Program covers up to 70% of the cost of a standard admission ticket for anyone experiencing financial hardship and for anyone who works in the public sector or in a non-profit organization. Anyone who matches these criteria can select this ticket option when you register and choose a price as low as 30% of the standard admission price. Please only register for 1 ticket for yourself.
2. Our Educator Scholarship Program is for professionals such as educators, school resource officers, social workers, counselors, therapists, and mental health advocates, who work for schools, non-profit programs, and behavioral health programs that serve people from disadvantaged, underserved communities impacted by gun violence. Anyone who matches these criteria can select this ticket option when you register and choose a price as low as $20. On the registration form, there is a space to briefly share about yourself and your school/organization, the work you do, and a link to a webpage (such as your LinkedIn profile, a bio, a staff directory) to confirm your eligibility for the scholarship. Please only register for 1 ticket for yourself.
3. Our Equity Scholarship Program is for people from economically marginalized Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) communities who are healing the impact of disparities in wealth, health, and well-being on their families and their communities. Anyone who matches this criteria can select this ticket option when you register and choose a price as low as $10. On the registration form, there is a space to share briefly about your background to confirm your eligibility for the scholarship. Please only register for 1 ticket for yourself.
If you need additional financial assistance to attend this workshop, you can send a request to our team at email@example.com
Please email questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Supporter Ticket supports our non-profit programs and sponsors scholarship tickets to people in need of financial assistance to attend this workshop. Thank you!$400.00
Your ticket purchase supports our non-profit programs. Thank you.$200.00
These sliding-scale scholarships are intended to make this event accessible to anyone experiencing financial challenges and to anyone working in a public sector or non-profit setting. Please only register for 1 ticket for yourself.$
These scholarships are for professionals who work for public schools, non-profit programs, and behavioral health programs that serve people from disadvantaged, underserved communities impacted by gun violence. On the registration form, please briefly share about yourself and how you meet the eligibility criteria. Please only register for 1 ticket for yourself.$
These Scholarships are for people from economically marginalized Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) communities who are healing the impact of disparities in wealth, health, and well-being on their families and their communities. On the registration form, please briefly share about your background to confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria. Please only register for 1 ticket for yourself.$
This special ticket is for people who have previously taken this Foundation workshop to refresh their knowledge and deepen their ability to integrate the tools and exercises into their lives. Please purchase 1 alum ticket for yourself and complete this form to register as an alum (if you haven't yet done so): https://bit.ly/CC-Alum-Form$