Wed, Feb 08|
Virtual Seminar on Zoom
Insights from Science for Addressing Trauma and Marginalization
We are now looking to recruit professionals who serve and support groups experiencing trauma and marginalization to participate as volunteers to create a video for this seminar using Zoom
Time & Location
Feb 08, 2023, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Virtual Seminar on Zoom
About the event
In this experiential, interactive seminar, you will gain a visceral understanding of why inclusion, integration, and wholeness are essential to well-being and performance for all human beings. You will learn about the impact of marginalization and related traumas on the human brain and how biases and inequity contribute to marginalization and trauma. You will also gain insights on how to rewire the brain to experience alignment and wholeness and to more effectively support community healing and peace.
- Understand the neurobiological mechanisms and effects of marginalization and trauma
- Apply the Calm Clarity framework on 3 patterns of brain activation to rewire the brain to address the above effects
- Experience exercises that strengthen neural networks that enable us to shift into a higher state of brain functioning in which we can access our capacity to foster inclusion, wholeness, self-actualization and social change.
This seminar is designed for profesionals who serve and support groups experiencing trauma and marginalization.
If this is the type of work you do, we are inviting you to join this seminar for free as a volunteer participant, so that we can record it and incorportate the video in our training programs.
The benefits to volunteers who participate in the recording process are as follows:
- Experience the virtual seminar for free
- Be part of a project that may potentially lead to a significant widespread reduction in violence across the US and beyond.
- Receive priority invitations to participate in the pilot facilitator training program and/or the pilot coaching training program (These pilots will be offered on a "pay-what-you-can-forward basis." This means we will not charge pilot participants for the training but will ask them to make a donation to support our scholarship program.)
To volunteer, please click on the RSVP button and fill out the sign-up form, which also serves as a document for providing video and audio consent.