Sat, Jan 13|
Calm Clarity Foundation Workshop - Jan 2024
Discover who you are and the impact you make in a state of alignment and wholeness.
Time & Location
Jan 13, 2024, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST
About the event
The mission of Calm Clarity is to improve collective well-being, develop inclusive leaders, and co-create a world where all human beings and communities thrive together. We have supported thousands of people from diverse ages and backgrounds to rewire their brain to experience greater wisdom, fulfillment, and joy since our first programs in 2013 for inner-city high school students. Learn more about us and our non-profit work here.
We invite you to experience the Calm Clarity Foundation Program as a half-day workshop.
Alignment and wholeness means living in a state in which you feel centered and grounded, embody your values, access your inner wisdom and compassion, and harness your talents, skills, and energies to become the fullest expression of yourself.
When we as human beings don’t feel aligned and whole, the feeling of “not being enough” can prompt us to mindlessly speak, think, and act from a place of insufficiency, insecurity, unworthiness, and scarcity. We can get stuck in negative patterns and inadvertently spread these limiting patterns to the people around us at work and at home.
This program guides you to build the neural networks for alignment and wholeness, which deepens your capacity to experience wisdom, fulfillment, joy, and many other qualities that enable you to rise to challenges, build meaningful relationships, and enrich your communities.
DETAILED PROGRAM OVERVIEW
This interactive, experiential leadership program combines neuroscience, mindfulness, and leadership development to strengthen the neural networks that enable you to bring yourself into a state of alignment and wholeness. This is a critical leadership capacity because being aligned and whole enhances your capacity to be open, attuned, responsive, resourceful, resilient, curious, insightful, creative, innovative, collaborative, inclusive, and inspiring.
Part I: Your Brain Patterns
We begin with a series of exercises to build your awareness of how you move between three patterns of brain activation:
- Brain 1.0: Your threat system is on high-alert. You feel fearful, unsafe, powerless, and isolated. Over time, you lose hope and fall into despair.
- Brain 2.0: Your dopamine system suppresses Brain 1.0 by chasing immediate gratification, money, status, or a false sense of comfort and control.
- Brain 3.0: Your prefrontal cortex is able to calm and integrate Brain 1.0 and Brain 2.0 so you can experience alignment and wholeness, bring the best version of you to the world, embody your core values and aspirations, and create positive impact. The stronger your Brain 3.0, the more you experience and share wisdom, fulfillment, and joy.
These exercises enable you to recognize the situations that activate these patterns in your everyday life and discern how you show up and interact differently when you are in Brain 1.0, Brain 2.0, and Brain 3.0.
Part II: Boost Brain 3.0
You will be guided through techniques to build Brain 3.0 by activating and strengthening four key neural systems that enable you to live and lead in alignment and wholeness.
1. Your Resilience System and Your Triggers
- You will become acquainted with your Resilience System, which contains the networks for stress regulation and recovery. Resilience is tied to having the interoceptive awareness to notice when you are outside your "Brain 3.0 window," and taking steps to restore your capacity for Brain 3.0.
- You will develop interoceptive awareness by learning the signals from your body that let you know when Brain 1.0. Brain 2.0 and Brain 3.0 are activated and practice an exercise to enhance your ability to notice these signals.
- You will become aware of and learn to manage triggers in your everyday life that activate your Brain 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0.
2. Your Connection System
- You will become acquainted with your Connection System, which contains the networks for compassion and empathy, and is intertwined with the networks for joy, meaning, and inspiration.
- You will be guided to activate your Connection System using a compassion meditation practice and experience the effects of turning on your "tend-and-befriend" system, which boosts your body's capacity to buffer stress and rise to challenges.
3. Your Attention System
- You will become acquainted with your Attention System, which contains the networks for attention, focus, and concentration.
- You will experience how your Attention System is tied to your ability to notice when your default mode network (DMN, also known as your internal narrator) diverts your attention, and to redirect your attention to the task you intended to focus on.
- You will be guided to strengthen your Attention System using a focused attention meditation practice.
4. Your Meta-Awareness System
- You will become acquainted with your Meta-Awareness System, which contains the networks for being aware of your "sense of self," and your stories, patterns, feelings, thoughts, and behaviors.
- You will become aware of how your brain creates associations when neurons fire and wire together, and how your thoughts represent neural pathways being triggered through associative activation cascades.
- You will be guided to strengthen your Meta-Awareness system using a meta-awareness meditation practice and a worksheet exercise to discern patterns for what your Brain 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 say in various situations.
Part III. Application and Integration
In this final section of the program, you will be guided to apply and integrate what you learned into your everyday life.
- You will create a pie chart for how much energy you are generating and transmitting in Brain 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0. Then you will draw your ideal pie chart for optimizing your effectiveness and sustainability, and reflect on what will help you move towards your ideal pie chart.
- You will create a daily routine to activate and strengthen Brain 3.0.
- You will also be introduced to using a self-assessment tool that enables you to monitor how activated Brain 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 are in your everyday life over a 6-month period of time.
Bonus: Membership in the Calm Clarity Alumni Community
Upon completion of this program, you will be welcomed into our Virtual Alumni Community via Mighty Networks. This will give you exclusive access to an Alumni Toolkit and Virtual Alumni Events to deepen your ability to integrate Brain 3.0 into your life. You can also take advantage of the Alumni Refresher Program to retake the Foundation Workshop at a 75% discount to the standard price.
Recording and Hand-outs
This workshop will be recorded so participants can review the video. All participants will receive a PDF of the slide deck and be invited to a private space in the Calm Clarity Mighty Networks Platform where you can access the video.
By joining this workshop, you help us make a difference
Your ticket to this workshop supports Calm Clarity's non-profit programs to serve low-income communities impacted by trauma and violence, such as our Community Healing and Peace Project. This includes scholarship programs for people living in or working to make a difference in these communities or people experiencing financial hardship to join the workshop alongside you.
You can also support our non-profit programs, including our scholarship programs, by making a donation through our online portal here.
1. Our Sliding-Scale Partial Scholarship Program covers up to 70% of the cost of a standard admission ticket for anyone experiencing financial hardship and for anyone who works in the public sector or in a non-profit organization. Anyone who matches these criteria can select this ticket option when you register and choose a price as low as 30% of the standard admission price. Please only register for 1 ticket for yourself.
2. Our Educator Scholarship Program is for professionals such as educators, school resource officers, social workers, counselors, therapists, and mental health advocates, who work for schools, non-profit programs, and behavioral health programs that serve people from disadvantaged, underserved communities impacted by gun violence. Anyone who matches these criteria can select this ticket option when you register and choose a price as low as $20. On the registration form, there is a space to briefly share about yourself and your school/organization, the work you do, and a link to a webpage (such as your LinkedIn profile, a bio, a staff directory) to confirm your eligibility for the scholarship. Please only register for 1 ticket for yourself.
3. Our Equity Scholarship Program is for people from economically marginalized Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) communities who are healing the impact of disparities in wealth, health, and well-being on their families and their communities. Anyone who matches this criteria can select this ticket option when you register and choose a price as low as $10. On the registration form, there is a space to share briefly about your background to confirm your eligibility for the scholarship. Please only register for 1 ticket for yourself.
If you need additional financial assistance to attend this workshop, you can send a request to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email questions and comments to email@example.com
- Ticket type
Your Supporter Ticket supports our non-profit programs and sponsors scholarship tickets to people in need of financial assistance to attend this workshop. Thank you!Price$400.00
- Ticket type
Your ticket purchase supports our non-profit programs. Thank you.Price$200.00
- Ticket type
These sliding-scale scholarships are intended to make this event accessible to anyone experiencing financial challenges and to anyone working in a public sector or non-profit setting. Please only register for 1 ticket for yourself.PricePay what you want
- Ticket type
These scholarships are for professionals who work for public schools, non-profit programs, and behavioral health programs that serve people from disadvantaged, underserved communities impacted by gun violence. On the registration form, please briefly share about yourself and how you meet the eligibility criteria. Please only register for 1 ticket for yourself.PricePay what you want
- Ticket type
These Scholarships are for people from economically marginalized Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) communities who are healing the impact of disparities in wealth, health, and well-being on their families and their communities. On the registration form, please briefly share about your background to confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria. Please only register for 1 ticket for yourself.PricePay what you want
- Ticket type
This special ticket is for people who have previously taken this Foundation workshop to refresh their knowledge and deepen their ability to integrate the tools and exercises into their lives. Please purchase 1 alum ticket for yourself and complete this form to register as an alum (if you haven't yet done so): https://bit.ly/CC-Alum-FormPricePay what you want