Wed, May 04|
"The Portal" Virtual Watch Party with Live Q&A
To kickoff Mental Health Awareness Month in May 2022, let's watch The Portal together using Zoom. It will be followed by a live Q&A with Producer Tom Cronin, fellow cast member "Booda" Ron Taylor, and our founder, Due Quach. Your tickets will support our non-profit programs.
Time & Location
May 04, 2022, 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM EDT
About the event
The Portal documentary was first theatrically released in 2019 yet its uplifting messages of healing and resilience resonate even more powerfully today as we heal and rebuild our lives in the wake of the pandemic.
Join us for the first ever PORTAL Virtual Watch Party and live Q&A featuring producer & filmmaker Tom Cronin, cast member "Booda" Taylor (whose image is on the film poster), and our very own, Due Quach.
Tickets to this event support Calm Clarity's non-profit programs to improve collective well-being and mental health.
More About the Portal:
The Portal is a beautiful documentary film that weaves together the inspiring journeys of 6 people who use meditation as a portal for transforming and healing trauma. These 6 people are:
- Due Quach, the founder of Calm Clarity, a refugee from Vietnam who learns to bridge inner-city Philadelphia and Harvard College
- "Booda" Ron Taylor, a US veteran making sense of different war zones: the inner city he grew up in, the one he fought in, and the one in his mind
- Amandine Roche, a human rights lawyer and aid worker who turns to yoga after experiencing PTSD in Afghanistan
- Dr. Jim Doty, a first-generation college graduate, neurosurgeon, and founder and director of the Stanford Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education (CCARE)
- Heather Hennessy, a track athlete who suffers an injury that ends her competitive career
- Ronnie Cahana, a rabbi whose paralyzing stroke opens his heart and mind to oneness
You can watch the trailer here: https://youtu.be/KkfyntkbpWI
If you prefer to watch The Portal on your own and join us for the Q&A, you can buy or rent it here using our affiliate link: https://bit.ly/ThePortal-CC
- Ticket type
Your purchase enables Calm Clarity to run non-profit programs to improve collective mental health and well-beingPrice$10.00
- Ticket type
Your ticket supports Calm Clarity to offer non-profit programs that serve groups who would otherwise be unable to access programs to improve their well-being and mental health.Price$50.00
- Ticket type
Super Supporter Ticket
Your ticket supports Calm Clarity to offer non-profit programs that serve groups who would otherwise be unable to access programs to improve their well-being and mental health.Price$100.00